Friday, August 2, 2013

Instagramming and world domination

ok so I have been slacking on this shit real bad. I will admit that the lure of kittens, daily baby animals and choppershit has sucked me right in to the black hole known as Instagram. The shit is addictive....But this is where I am on my quest of getting my Wonder Shovel aka Shovelofthebeast back in the breeze. Me and jbmft rewired it one weekend his fam was out of town and we had downed some cold ones. Fresh wires from head light to tail light!! Popped that cherry for the both of us...
Next issue was my rear sprocket. Most of the teeth were broken and it sounded like a dry meat grinder in motion. So out comes the tools and a number of hammer swings later, I had most of the rivets out. Now I don't know how many of you out there have ever done this but it was a bit indimidating.
The next weekend JT was home alone and Japandon was coming over to get one of his scoots ready for Supertrip 2013. Perfect day to tackle setting the new rivets into the drum. As JT and I waited on Brandon, we decided to see whose fingers were gonna get smashed and who got punched...Thankfully neither happened. I did learn some things though.
1.Start with the 5lb hammer first, then the chunk of metal, then finish with hammer
2.My knees fuckin hate me
3.Jobs that require an extra hand always need beer too
the first 3 or so look ok as do the last 3, inbetween though they look wonky as hell. It holds so I am satisfied.
Nick Haints showed up and more beers and a tire got dealt with( JT did a way better write up on this part than I can, so here Saturday )
A few days later I got time to re-install the rear wheel and what not. I still have aa intake leak or I just can't set the timing on a 67 FLH. Need a clutch cable and done.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment